M-B thinks tiny for U.S. models
Mercedes-Benz will put a reward A-class subcompact sedan into U.S. showrooms this year. But now that a automaker has begun giving U.S. retailers a demeanour during a car, product skeleton and sum are entrance into crook focus.
- The automobile will have a 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder engine corresponding to a seven-speed dual-clutch involuntary transmission.
- The styling is described as sporty, carrying a aloft beltline than a Mercedes CLA and a “sharklike” nose. Mercedes will not move a hatchback chronicle to a U.S.
- The automobile will have a new multimedia complement — called a Mercedes-Benz User Experience, or MBUX — that has softened displays, softened debate approval capabilities, synthetic comprehension and predictive training abilities.
- The interior will underline a free-standing widescreen cockpit arrangement and a multifunctional steering wheel.
- Seats will have comfort facilities generally compared with higher- labelled segments.
- Retailers who have seen a automobile trust Mercedes will make it feature-rich instead of decontenting it.
- Pricing has not been announced. But some retailers now doubt a early conjecture that a A category competence entrance with a plaque of reduction than $30,000. One play likely that underline calm will move a cost adult to $32,000-$33,000. That would still position it as a oppulance brand’s entrance product.